Salta - Trekking and a Ranch

InfoSeeker

Heading to Argentina & plan to spend a week in Salta.

Has anyone stayed in a ranch in this area, if so can you let me know whether it was a good experience, etc?

Also I am interesting in hiking, would this region be a good area.

Have googled a lot of sites but was looking to get feedback from people who had been to this area before.

Hi,
I'm also spending 5 nights in Salta in December (part of 3wk honeymoon in total in Argentina) and interested in doing a horseback excursion in Salta ..and also how best to tour Salta and what are the highlights of the region? Is it relatively hassle free to hire a car or is it possible to just book day tours when we arrive in Salta? Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I was in Salta about 5 years ago. We stayed in a hostel and got information there on horse riding. We visited a ranch where a 'cowboy' showed us around his house & farm then took us through the countyside for a half day trek. I wasn't used to horse riding so it was a bit scary, you ride bareback and when he shouted 'Freedom' the horses would take off at full speed. The scenery was amazing. It was really an adventure! Def worthwhile

Ps We came from Bolivia having done the salt lakes trip. Well worth doing if you can. Not sure about hikes in the area.

Back