Salsa dance classes in Dublin

MonkeyFeet

Hi
I'm interested in doing salsa classes in Dublin city center.

Can anyone recommend one that would be good for a beginner?

Thanks

Hi Monketfeet

Have a look at salsamania.ie. I am currently in one of their beginner classes and find them very good.

I tried the Garda Club and it was utter mayhem. Loads of beginners at different levels. About three (large) circles of people all trying to follow one dance instructor. That said, they have salsa evenings where you just pay in and dance, they have a bar and a band and there is a great atmosphere.

I wouldn't go to the Garda Club if a complete beginner. The dance instructor also gives classes in Wynn's Hotel (as far as I can remember) on Abbey St and advised total beginners to go there to learn the basics as the numbers are smaller. Or maybe I was just a hopeless case!

Am doing Salsa Slims at the moment - it's a great cardio workout with salsa steps. Beginners is quite fast paced. I'm doing it in the Spawell in Templeogue but they have several classes all over Dublin [broken link removed] Would highly recommend them

There is a place in Carrickstown, might be a bit far out for you, it does be on the telly the odd time, 8:00 on Tues, Thurs and Sun.

Hi there,

I've danced salsa for a few years in Dublin, and can recommend Danzon .

Hilary (the main teacher) is very nice and friendly. I used to go before it was on in the Garda Club, so cant comment on that location, but the athmosphere is always really good and friendly. The same core people go most weeks, so even if you go on your own, you soon get to know everyone.
I also used to go to a place in Temple Bar with Dr Rumba, but think thats moved location now. Anyway, his website is: www.irishsalsacongress.com

Another place which do lessons are [broken link removed]

If I was a beginner, Id start with the danzon website, which has lots of links to salsa sites around Ireland, and try out of of her beginner classes.

Enjoy!
Ragazza
PS: no affiliation to any of the links above.

[FONT=&quot]If you are very eager to learn how to dance salsa, there’s no way to learn it perfectly than visiting Cuba itself. There you will be introduced in various forms of salsa which are common to clubs and natives can also teach you the right movements including the techniques on how to get it right. [/FONT]

Back