Salo, Lake Garda

Fleur

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has stayed in Salo. My boyfriend and I are thinking of going on package deal. Seems to be very picturesque and has plenty of restaurants and shops but wondering if there is much to do - enough to spend a week there? Also, is it easy to visit other towns around the lake or would you need a car? Many thanks!

Lake Garda is beautiful. You should be able to cross the lake on one of the ferry boats that go from town to town and get a bus that runs around the lake. Have a look at There is a good thread and hotel reviews on Salo with restaurant and other things to do recommendations.

Thanks for the replies. Unfort the holiday I was looking at is booked out. We were hoping to get somewhere last minute but nothing is available!

I was in Salo a few days ago, went to all the towns around Lake Garda.... Salo is the poshest.... Desenzano is the busiest in terms of watching the world go by in the evenings. It takes quite a while to drive around the lake, especially if you get stuck in heavy tourist traffic. I drove around it in about 2 hours clockwise but saw massive tailbacks going anticlockwise for some reason.

Back