Sallins - any opinions?

L

laura26

Hi All ,

Due to the ever increasing house prices we are being forced to consider moving outside Dublin. A place that really caught our eye was Sallins. We would be travelling into town each day on the train, does anybody do this journey? How do you find it? Any other advice on the area / village would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Friends of ours moved there about a year ago, house prices have soared up since then so it must be in high demand. From what I know of it, its very nice, a quiet enough area, my friends are happy there anyway. Really handy for the train too.

I know there was a new development out there launched a few weeks back called Hunters Wood and it was sold out within 2 days!

Sallins is OK...nothing special. 3 pubs, the best one being The Railway. 2 Restaurants both are ok but not exceptional. Commute to Dublin is generally uneventful....the only negative is the last train from Dublin leaves at 22:45. I can only comment on Sallins Bridge estate as we are renting there at the moment. 2 years ago 4 bed semi d's sold for €320k. Last year circa €360k. Now a 4 bed semi-d is asking €425k (it will probably get more). The houses in the estate are generally ok but can become tatty very quickly (cracks etc). The estate itself has a small teenage asshole element who gather at the pedestrian exit near the village. Dont buy near this exit and you wont have too many problems. There is a very good community spirit in the estate itself. I hear the local national school is well regarded. Traffic in the Village can be a nightmare during rush hour. Naas and Newbridge on your doorstep (I can't understand why anyone would choose Clane).

Hi,

I live in Sallins the last 1 1/2 yrs and house prices are soaring and from friends of mine looking to buy it's very hard to get a house there at the moment.

The last development had people queuing there for 3 nights just to get a place and the 3 bed mid terrace were 345,000 I think.

Train into Dublin is grand although it's packed esp during rush hour. Naas is on your doorstep and there's some nice pubs in the village.

I live in Sallins Park and it's a lovely quiet estate, and find the people keep to themselves.

trustno1 said:
Traffic in the Village can be a nightmare during rush hour. Naas and Newbridge on your doorstep (I can't understand why anyone would choose Clane).

never lived in either Sallins or Clane but I do know them well and always thought Clane to be a much nicer area. The traffice in Sallins is awful but i think there's a new road bypassing the centre of Clane now.

Back