Sales Call/Abusive Call

MichaelBurke

I hope this is in the right section and doesn't appear inappropriate.

I received a call today from a chap called Alan on about NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming (this is not the name of the company). Call started in the usual fashion, asking to speak to our sales manager/director. I asked for what was his surname, he replied he didn't give it! I asked was he located in town, again he said he didn't say where he was located but didn't want to speak to me but and waste my time but wanted to speak to the sales manager. I suggested we might be best terminating the call without the further information, he still wanted to speak to the sales manager/director. Again a second time I suggested we should terminate the call, to which I was met with quite foul and abusive language before I got to hang up the phone mid-rant.

Firstly I must say, I was not rude to him on the phone but was perhaps testing at the outset as my experience of someone else in that sector was similar. I don't think I am allowed mention the other company but I have only twice ever been met with foul language on the phone from salesmen both selling similar products.

Also, I'm not denouncing the practice of NLP as I don't know enough about it to make an informative opinion.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

I've just had another call from this company!!!!!! It appears both my bad experiences are from the same company!!!! Shock horror - beware NLP!

NLP types tend to be aggressive, in the vein of scientologists. Don't give them the opportunity to annoy you, just interrupt them and tell them their entire philosophy is pseudo-scientific nonsense created by snake-oil salesmen, and hang up.