Sage 50 accounts package

Hans

I am using MYOB accounts package at the moment I bought it when I started a new business last year. I bought it and trained myself to use it (trying to keep costs down starting on a shoe string) so I am only using the very basic functions on it (Purchases and sales and banking) never got around to keeping my stock on it or payrole (two wages). I got this package as my accountant told me that he had someone in the office that was familiar with it unfortunately she left just after I got it and of course accountant then looked blankly at me when I asked any questions on it. I am now thinking of changing to Sage 50 as I see my local evening class centre is running a course on it and as I need to upgrade my MYOB as I also deal in sterling I have to convert it myself and enter it as euro which with the sterling drop my accounts are always out this weather.
I can't find a price list for Sage on website and also would I be able to transfer my present accounts to this new system. Sorry for being so long winded but very confused about accounts packages.

Hi there,

If you are only need an accounts package for sales & purchases, then Sage Instant Accounts should be more than adequate. its costs of a fraction (around €200) of the Line 50 packages. If you look in the yellow pages, you should be able to find your local Sage dealer.

Contemporary - I have suitably slapped my wrist - believe it or not I tried very hard and was in this site but didn't manage to bring up this price list. Thanks for the help

Quickbooks as is also an extremely user friendly system and I thnik much easier on the eye than sage

I am now thinking of changing to Sage 50 as I see my local evening class centre is running a course on it
Most, if not all, software companies also provide training for their accounts software products. I would check out the other products on the market, some of which may be more suited to your needs, and less expensive!

I heard that Sage line 50 is not compatible with MS 2007 - does anyone know if that is true? I can't find any answers elsewhere.

Dublinred, we use Line 50- I seem to remember there being some sort of upgrade issue (I'm not directly involved in accounts) but IIRC it was relatively painless and didn't involve any cost.

Back