Safety of booking a holiday villa in France with an English company

Bronte

If you book a holiday villa over the internet from a company based in the UK for a holiday villa in France, what is the safest way of knowing if the company is legit, honest and your deposit is safe? I'm looking at a company called My French Chalet in this instance. Anyone here know about them?

Bronte

I would google them...usually you will come up with forum hits, where people complain about them or praise them.

Alternatively you could post a query on and ask if anyone knows of them...that board is populated by british ex-pats, many of whom are gite-owners.

We've booked many chalets over the net...had a problem with vrbo (villa rent by owner) in that the place was a kip and another place where the pictures on the net were simply stunning...but the reality was entirely different...we moved both times.

Bronte

We've booked many chalets over the net...had a problem with vrbo (villa rent by owner) in that the place was a kip and another place where the pictures on the net were simply stunning...but the reality was entirely different...we moved both times.

Thanks guys for the advice I'll do the searches, Mommah when you say you moved how did you get your money back?

Back