Safety in housing estate.

L

Lil Miss

I have just found out via county newspaper that our estate has been allocated 10,200 euro to be used on public safety issues. However, it can not be used towards street lights.
I need advice on who I could go to about this? Is there someone over the council in Longford or Ireland I could take it up with or even the EU?
I'm really not very clued up so I don't know what to do about it.
Any help will be very gratefully received.

I have just found out via county newspaper that our estate has been allocated 10,200 euro to be used on public safety issues. However, it can not be used towards street lights.
I need advice on who I could go to about this? Is there someone over the council in Longford or Ireland I could take it up with or even the EU?
I'm really not very clued up so I don't know what to do about it.
Any help will be very gratefully received.

What question do you want to ask? The first thing you need to find out is who the money is coming from, is it county council or a Government Department? I wouldn't bother going to a councillor or TD just yet, you need to be clear about what you're asking first.

Do you live in a "ghost estate"?. the amount of money sounds as if it's part of the scheme the Govt launched earlier in the year to do emergency safety works on such estates. If so, I'd imagine it will be spent on securing half finished houses, removing debris etc

Is this info publicly available? Interested to know if your estate is one of the ghost estates and the money if from this new scheme?

Back