saab seat belt

Roundy#

Have a frayed seat belt on a saab 9-5 which needs replacing. Rang the main dealer to be quoted €286 + VAT(and that's just for the part)..... got the ususal ....... whole lot would need replacing .....very difficult to replace just the belt!!

Anyway can anyone help me out?? Don't want to get roasted by the main dealer..........any recommedations on breakers yards in the south (waterford /; cork area)

thanks

There is a garage in Cahir that deals with Saab crash repairs. He may be able to order the part in for you at a better price. I think his name is Michael Kenneally.

Part costs about £156 in UK from a Saab part supplier (not dealer). The belt is not just the belt but the inertia reel and tensioner also, they don't come seperatly. Fitting doesn't look like a major job, I'd estimate it could be done easily within an hour. Just need to make sure that the Airbag (SRS) system doesn't trigger an error ... but I'd imagine it wouldn't if it's just a swap out/ swap in.

Yeah saab main dealer did say that the inertia reel and tensionser have to be bought as well...........I found a belt from a saab breakers yard in the uk who are posting it over for £55.........hopefully it will work out and that it wouldn't be too awkward for my local mechanic to fit!!