Saab motor brand at death's door

Mathepac, not for the first time, you have really upset me. I'd always promised myself that if I ever put a few bob together, I'd but one.

Ochón, agus ochón ó!

Perfection.....................

[broken link removed]

Mathepac, not for the first time, you have really upset me. I'd always promised myself that if I ever put a few bob together, I'd but one.

You should thank him; if you want an Opel just buy one. They are cheaper than their clones and have a better brand image (and people still think Opel are muck!).

Put it this way, there's a reason they are going out of business.

I had considered buying one in the past but never did when I was advised by a few owners about their high price of servicing and parts.

Shame cos they have always been a nice looking car.

Perfection.....................
Lex man, I have no issue, I agree - the 900 Turbos were REAL Saabs, super cars, I loved every nut, bolt and line of them. They built the reputation that resulted in GM selling bucket-loads of 9-3 / 9-5 Vectras to badge-snobs who knew no better than to pay comparatively big money for cloned, unreliable tat that did not share the 900's motoring genealogy.

Good 900 Turbos fetch big money these days, unfortunately 9-3 / 9-5 Vectras are only fit for the crusher. Only the cognoscenti (thee, me plus a couple of others maybe) know the difference.

I remember my uncle having a 99 turbo in the 80's. It was black with a tint in the windows, a top of the pile Pioneer radio / casette player with a massive equaliser with sliders mounted underneath the front console.

He had a smashing Capri before that.

Then he got married. .

drove the 9-3 for few years, actually drove 2..wrote one off in an accident. Was glad that I was in the Saab, I dont believe any other car would have saved me as well as the 9-3.

Was a company car so reliability didn't bother me too much but I agree 100% that poor to average is accurate.

9-3 for my money has the best seats, the best headrests, safest cabin, I loved turbo petrol engine, great for long jouneys & the nightlights feature.

Would say that since GM bought them it hasn't been the same :(

... Not sure I like the look of him though! :D
The size of his wallet seems to surmount the perceived handsomeness deficit judging by the number of young wans I see hanging out of him (should that be onto him as he is severely vertically challenged as well?) at the F1 days.

But the gliders ain't part of the deal, they split the Vectra re-assembly line off from the fly-boys some time ago.

Always said I'd buy a 900i or Turbo if I had a few bob. (Repeat!) And if I had mega bucks, my toy of choice would be a Saab Viggen. :)

Thanks, Mathepac. Looks good in that size, alright. When I first glanced at it, it looked like a large Fiat 127......... Oh happy days, taking off the distributor cap on damp mornings and drying it over a gas ring in order to start it!

Were you really slagging me? I never realised it. ;) Obviously desensitized by spending too much time with you lot on AAM. :D

Back