Saab engine

Greg Barry

I asked about a smokey exhaust in an earlier post and I have since been told the soloution is to get a new engine! Do any of you know where I would get a good secondhand engine for a 03 saab 93 1.8t?

Maybe try a breakers yard? (list from boards.ie)

A-Z Breakers
Killeen Rd and Naas Rd, Dublin 12
Walkinstown
Phone: (01) 4506226

CMC Auto Salvage
Killeen Court, Killeen Rd, Dublin 12
Walkinstown
Phone: 01 4589577

Cafco Motorparts
St Margarets, Dublin 11
Finglas
Phone: (01) 8642832

Cannon E Motors
Rear 16 Windsor ave, Dublin 3
Marino
Phone: 01 8332558

Clondalkin Car Dismantlers
U6 Ballybane Nangor rd, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Phone: (01) 4642290

Cullen Car Parts
Greenhills rd, Walkinstown, Dublin 12
Phone: (01) 4500172

Donnery Robert
145 Rutland Ave, Crumlin, Dublin 12
Phone: (01) 4532886

End Of Life Vehicle Disposal Co.
50 St Johns pk, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
Phone: (01) 4571672

Fairview Car Dismantlers
Rear 16 Windsor ave, Dublin 3
Ballybough
Phone: 01 8332558

Could you not get the engine bored-out and replace the turbo with a reconditioned one?

I asked about a smokey exhaust in an earlier post and I have since been told the soloution is to get a new engine! Do any of you know where I would get a good secondhand engine for a 03 saab 93 1.8t?

Seriously.... a whole replacement engine? I though it was just the turbo! What was the mechanics diagnosis? If the engine still runs fine, albeit with smoking, surely it's salvagable?

Seriously.... a whole replacement engine? I though it was just the turbo! What was the mechanics diagnosis? If the engine still runs fine, albeit with smoking, surely it's salvagable?

Second that, a whole new engine for a 6 year old car mightn't make economic sense. I had an intermittant white smoke problem, got it sorted ( although mines a diesel Audi ( blocked breather was behind it), not too familiar with petrols or Saabs but it sounds a but harsh having to get the engine replaced. What kind of mileage is on her?

Second that, a whole new engine for a 6 year old car mightn't make economic sense. I had an intermittant white smoke problem, got it sorted ( although mines a diesel Audi ( blocked breather was behind it), not too familiar with petrols or Saabs but it sounds a but harsh having to get the engine replaced. What kind of mileage is on her?

Mmmm... I would have thought if the engine was shot you'd pretty much know about it, i.e. it's seized/won't start/sounds like a bag of nails because the big ends are gone etc etc. If it's running normally with no significant loss in power, but is smoking badly, surely it's down to something more straightforward.

Where are you from Greg?
If its cork I can get you one in cork. It might be collected in dublin as well if you'd like.
If you need just a turbocharger its the same story with no shipping.
Can you write some details about your problem. The smoke is black (more blue then black) smells with burned oil? or its blak real black? ar maybe white?
Are you sure its a turbo has gone?
anyway I can get you whole engine or just a turbo. And fit it with reasonable price as well.
regards Jar

Thanks everyone! problem sorted! Blockage in the return pipe from the turbo! Fixed for €80! Pays to ask questions and not accept first diagnosis!!

Back