Saab 93

TRS30

Am looking at getting a Saab 93. Have done some research on here and other places and summary would be;

-Rebadged Opel
-Avoid 1.8i
-Newer models (after 03) seem to have less issues
-Very comfortable

Am looking to spend about 5/6K so looking at getting a 05/06 either 1.8t or 1.9tdi. I don't do a lot of mileage and need a big enough boot for the golf clubs.

Anything else i should be looking for? What engine is the most suitable for average use?

What else should I be looking at? Would like something a bit different to the Mondeo etc.

Saabs are great cars. Not everyone will agree, but I like them

Problem is, Saab is in liquidation, so there will problems in future re parts, not to mention resale value.

Saab's are a classy car usually driven by people who would not be caught dead owning a BMW,you were told to avoid the 1.8i,no idea why I had 2005 9-3 Arc and it was a pleasure to drive,on one occasion I had to drive from Inchydoney in West Cork to Letterkenny and was as fresh as a daisy after the trip.The boot size is good and it was a reliable bus in all regards except for an intermittent problem with the ignition that once resolved never gave any further problems.

As for it being a rebadged Opel,any resemblance between it and a Vectra are purely coincidental.

Speaking of rebadging,one of the things that did annoy me and its quite minor thing was during the cold snap the marque badge fell off just leaving a bare exposed aluminum which cost me €30 to replace...if it had been designed properly it would not have failed the fact that it did and they charged me to replace their marque irritated me.

I would have bought one again no problem except for the fact they were heading to the wall but if all you are looking to spend is 5k then you will not go far wrong with this car,make sure though for your money you get the full leather interior.

Thanks for the feedback.

Am not too worried about depreciation as would look to keep it for 3/4 years. I'm sure parts will be available for the next few years.

Anyone any opinions on the 1.8i, 1.8t and the 1.9tdi?

What kind of mileage do you need to be doing to justify going with a diesel?

I have a 93 1.9tdi - best car I have ever had (had alot of rubbish) had no major probs and find it ok on fuel far better then any petrol car ever had and don't do huge mileage.

I have a 93 1.9tdi - best car I have ever had (had alot of rubbish) had no major probs and find it ok on fuel far better then any petrol car ever had and don't do huge mileage.

Can I ask what year it in and what mileage is on it?

What kind of mileage do you do?

Can I ask what year it in and what mileage is on it?

What kind of mileage do you do?

2005 I bought it from work so had quite a bit of mileage on it about 70,000 miles, I only do about 10-12000 miles a year.