Saab 93 Vector

Frank

The company is selling a Saab 93 vector fully loaded.
It is a 2003 2.0t the 175 bhp 5 speed manual
63k on the clock
full service today whatever needs fixing.
It is the new type saloon rather than the hatchback.
Looking at about 20k

Is it a good deal?
Anyone got one?
Any opinions on the 93

My only worry would be fuel 35 mpg

I would suggest that the Saab would be far better in all respects than a Vectra. Its seems like a pretty good deal even if the mileage is a tad high. I would be surprised though if a 2.0l turbo would do 35mpg.

SOM42 said:
I would suggest that the Saab would be far better in all respects than a Vectra. Its seems like a pretty good deal even if the mileage is a tad high. I would be surprised though if a 2.0l turbo would do 35mpg.

It won't do 35mpg.

28 - 30 mpg is more realistic. Depends totally on driving conditions.

Would agree. 25-30 mpg in mixed driving conditions from personal experience of driving a 2.0l petrol car.

Just filled the passat last night with 64 liters of diesel after 645 miles

Might upset me to have to fill the car almost twice as often.

Will have to think about this one.

Maybe good price of Saab versus
Hassle of selling my car
Increased fuel costs

The head knows the answer the car loving heart is not so sure though

Frank,

if you like it why dont you by a saab 93 vector tdi...2.2 turbo....not far off the power but the torque but wipe the floor with the petrol engine.....theres one for 20k on carzone........all the fun and not so many visits to pumps!!!

Nice car. Not sure about the price but speaking from experience with saabs i'd say the 35mpg is wishful thinking, except on long distance journeys.
I have the slightly older hatchback version which is a great car, sporty to drive and as I don't drive too much is perfect.

I think it basicly boils down to this
The price seems good enough but not a steal so the scope for selling it on to make a profit is quite limited.
If you commute to work every day by car then I would advise against buying the car as the petrol bills will be quite high.
On the otherhand if you are planning on using the car in the evening and weekends and avoid the daily bumper to bumper traffic then I would recommend, that if you are happy with the price that you should go for it.

I have a 03 SAAB 1.8T Vector. It's a pleasure to drive.

I would recommend the 2.0T car as it has all the extras and very good safety features and it has Poke, 175BHP with the Turbo...

20k is a good price for the Car even with 63K on the Clock. You would be saving approx 4 Grand on a Garage price.

i have a 9-3 1.8T. I get 30-35 mpg on mixed driving. Love the car, and it is not a BMW so people actually let you out when turning onto a major road!

Frank,

I’ve got this car and it’s without doubt the most fun I’ve ever had with my clothes on (and I’m only saying that in case my wife or ex girlfriends ever recognise my name!).

With a second hand SAAB 9-3 there’s a few things to look out for. Go to www.saabcentral.com for advice, and a bunch of Saab nuts that will help you out with what you need.

€20k is a steal for a '03 Vector (compared to lesser models). Now, don’t forget the SAAB wave if you purchase! But, to be fair, I do mostly urban driving and you’d be lucky to get 24 mpg in purely city driving. But, here’s the big but, it’s definitely worth it!

I decided to stick with the Passat deisel.

I took the saab for a test one day great car to drive but
the fuel cosumption upset me too much.

As well as hassle of getting a loan selling me own car, changing the car kit.

My head finally got the better of my heart.

I wouldn't mind the car is still sitting here in the workshop.

I think I will wait until the boss gets sick of looking at it and drops his price.