SAAB 93 - Possible MPG issue?

R

rfeehan

I recently bought a 03 Saab 93 1.8T Vector Sport (Petrol) with automatic transmission. It passed its NCT last month and was checked by a Saab mechanic before I bought it.

The trip computer fluctuates between 26 and 28 m.p.g. and it does 260 miles max from a full tank (50 litre tank).

Does anybody know if this is excessive fuel consumption for this model?

Doesn't sound right to me...

Check the link below... is this your car? This give's a combined figure of 37.7mpg.

[broken link removed]

Doesn't surprise me. My friend had one and quoted similar figures.
To be honest, it is not much different to my 07 S40........but perhaps that's because it is a flexifuel and configured for E85 (although I really only ever use petrol)

Doesn't sound right to me...

Check the link below... is this your car? This give's a combined figure of 37.7mpg.

[broken link removed]

No it gives a combined figure of 33.2 for an Automatic which the OP has.

Depends how you are driving it, (if you heavy on the right foot) and if are doing stop start in traffic or cruising cross country or hammering down a motorway.

Mostly I drive cross country to work (Approx 15 miles each way) and would do some city driving as well. Somebody I know has a 01 Saab 95 manual transmission with same engine and gets around 270 miles so maybe its normal fuel consumption for my car as automatics are supposedly heavier on petrol.

Jeez I'm definitely sticking with my octavia diesel 400 miles to 45 litres. And the car is finally paid for.I'm bowing out of the car numberplate race having suffered the torture of HP since 1999..........I'm free I'm free.................Well maybe a nice classic car...............maybe