S-Video-to-Scart cable

laoisfan

hi

do not know much so i just thought i would ask...forgive me if this is repeated elsewhere.

i want to connect my laptop to my tv (preferably via scart).

Q1. Is it possible to get an S-Video-to-Scart cable? If so, roughly how much would they cost.

Q2. If it is possible to get a S-Video-to-Scart cable then does it provide the sound as well as the video? Somebody told me it did not but as I do not know....

thanks - laoisfan

Laoisfan - they sell scart/s-video connectors in Power City for less than 10 or 15 euro. I tried it out on my TV, but it didn't work for some reason. The instructions that come with them are pretty poor.

Bob

One possible explanation is the SCART wiring. Not all SCART cables are fully wired (all 21 pins connected) and these partially wired cables may not support all functionality in all cases.

The easiest option is to use an S-Video cable in conjunction with a SCART adapter.

[broken link removed]

and

[broken link removed]

This will output only the video. To output the audio, you will need to connect the speaker out/headphone socket on your laptop to the audio input on that SCART adapter. A 3.5mm mini-jack to dual RCA cable is required.

[broken link removed]

thanks damomac - much appreciated.