S&P 500 confusion

ballyb100

I’m Looking at buying an ETF. Specifically one for The S&P 500. However I see there are quite a few that mimic the S&P 500
In particular iShares SPY on NYSE arca which seems to be the most prominent. Can we in Ireland buy this?
Then iShares CSPX on LSE or CSPX on Amsterdam exchange. Is the CSPX on the Amsterdam exchange better for an Irish investor using Euro? Does CSPX have the same price no matter what exchange it is listed on?
Any info would be much appreciated

There are some complexities around taxation that you might want to look into on the NYSE listed version, and of course it will be in USD so you will also be playing the FOREX markets while owning the ETF :) .

Not sure what the tax situation with LSE listed stocks will look like after the Brexit debacle plays out, but personally I’m not willing to take the risk. Also important if you go the LSE route to consider the currency risk again.

I buy an iShares S&P500 ETF on the Amsterdam exchange that is in Euro and accumulates (dividends are reinvested rather than being sent to you). The ISIN is IE00B3ZW0K18 if interested.

FYI assuming you're Irish domiciled, there's plenty of taxation issues with IE00B3ZW0K18, since it's a UCITS fund (same tax issues with all UCITS funds). See ETF forum for loads of information on UCITS tax problems.

There are some complexities around taxation that you might want to look into on the NYSE listed version, and of course it will be in USD so you will also be playing the FOREX markets while owning the ETF :) .

Not sure what the tax situation with LSE listed stocks will look like after the Brexit debacle plays out, but personally I’m not willing to take the risk. Also important if you go the LSE route to consider the currency risk again.

I buy an iShares S&P500 ETF on the Amsterdam exchange that is in Euro and accumulates (dividends are reinvested rather than being sent to you). The ISIN is IE00B3ZW0K18 if interested.
Thanks Zenith63 you confirm some of my own thoughts on the issue

The S&P 500 ETF I was looking at is ISIN IE00B5BMR087 . Zenith63 I notice the ISIN you quote IE00B3ZW0K18 is a hedge fund. Am I correct?

Back