ryevale lawns/oaklawn west leixlip

elainem

My cousin is thinking of buying in Leixlip. She has two young children - 6 and 8. She too is on her own. She wants a mature area, with very few renters. A friend of ours lives in Oaklawn West and likes it. My cousin also liked Ryevale Lawns. About 70k in difference, which she could stretch to. She was also wondering about how good the primary and secondary schools were in the area. I believe there is a gaelscoil and secondary school right opposite both these estates. She would also appreciate any advice on Leixlip generally what it is like to live there. She will be commuting to town to IFSC to work.

Living in Leixlip.

Our daughter attend the gaelscoil and finds it great.

I commute to the IFSC daily by train and find it great. There are lots of trains both in the mornings and evenings. From Louisa Bridge she should get a seat especially if she take the 7:52 train that get to Connolly at 8:30.

Hi Elainem

Ryevale is a lovely estate, mature and quiet, lived there for a while and would definitely recommend it. Houses are nice too and a lot have been extended.
Louisa Bridge is a fairly easy commute to the IFSC, trains are regular and a weekly ticket is less than €20 as far as i know. There is plenty of parking available at the new car park which costs €5 per week, but either of those estates shouold be in walking distance from the station

Hi! DK79 and Suntot, thanks for your replies. I will tell my cousin that it's easy to get to IFSC from Leixlip, and that Ryevale is a nice estate. I went looking at properties in Ryevale with her, and it seemed like a nice area. I might even think of buying there myself instead of Lucan Village. I notice DK79 that you say the gaelscoil is good. Both of her children already attend a gaelscoil, so that's good news. She was wondering what the local secondary school Colaiste Ciaran is like. Do either of you know anything about this school? Thanks again.

Hi,
Lived in Ryevale for 25 years. Lovely estate, very quiet. Also atteneded Colaiste Chiarain for all of secondary school. School is grand. No problems at all. Would deffo recommend Ryevale.

I grew up in Leixlip and I would recommend it. If you were deciding between Leixlip and Lucan I would def say Lexlip for schools as I hear that there is a real problem getting a school place in Lucan, while there are 3 big (and good) primary schools in Leixlip. Also the traffic can be pretty bad going from Lucan/Leixlip to Dublin City Centre and having the train in leixlip is a huge bonus to avoid this. Having said that the 66x is good, but still takes much longer than the train.

Back