Rye Abbey, Kilcock

P

pips

Hello was wondering can someone help

my brother has bought in rye abbey and was wondering has anyone any information on it. He was told he move in in September. Anyone shed any light on the place? Or informations

I live up the road from it. The builder is finding it hard to sell them and maybe this has something got to do with the delay.

Will check it out later for you,

Pips,

I called up to Rye Abbey and it is still a building site. Their is no access to it. I have heard that the builder is finding it hard to shift them during the current climate.

Any questions PM me

Hi Pips,

I was relocating in Kilcock last Aug, and looked at this development was going for one of the houses, I was told the houses would be ready to move into in Nov 07, decided against the purchase as I felt they were over priced, I live on the same road as the development and the same story, looks like a building site, not much happening. They recently put up a new sign on the slip road on the Kilcock/Clane road from the motorway so looks like they are trying to shift them.

Tell him good luck!

thanks guys for all the help. Much appreciated. not sure what the hell is going on then.

Is there anyone out there that has bought an apartment or house in the development in kilcock. Anyone else having difficulty getting answers out of estate agents and builder. I heard that they wont let anyone move in to there properties until all apartments/houses have been bought. Is that right...could be waiting a lifetime if thats the case from what your saying, anyone out there that has bought there and promised by estate agents that they be moved in by sept / nov 07? anyone? finding it so hard to get information on Rye Abbey. Any legal rights about getting deposits back because i dont understand why you would have to wait for the whole development to be sold until you can move in. That dosnt make sense to me. My brother is getting so frustated at the whole thing. It really dosnt seem fair if thats the case.

if anyone could shed more light on the situation i would be very grateful

thanks

pips x

:0(

Their is no access to it. I have heard that the builder is finding it hard to shift them during the current climate.

Some significant price cuts on this development last week.
The 2 bed apartments fell by 20K (285 => 265K), the 2 bed townhouses fell by 15K (315 => 300K), and the 3 bed townhouses fell by 20K (380 => 360K)
Source available on request.

Viewed in conjunction with the slow progress being made in completing the development, things wouldn't look too good to me...

I'd be asking tough questions if I were you.

Last edited:
Hi Pips...I live in Kilcock and have been there for the last 7 years...really love it.

Friend of mine bought a lovely 4 bed semi in Rye Abbey last year - word of warning....terrible,terrible issues with soundproofing. Having said that my hse is approx 10 yrs old and I can constantly hear my neighbours.

I'll ask her about the builder (there are a few builders there) and get back to ya.

Hi Lambchops,

Do you mean Ryebridge? Dont think there are 4 beds in Rye Abbey, I lived in Ryebridge, and agree really bad problem with soundproofing, built out of paper, the lot of them! I was lucky to sell up and get a place more solid1

Pips, I went to view the apartments with a friend who was interested 2 weeks ago, got chatting to the EA, and he said there was a series of underground cables they are holding up the completion of the development, said something about ESB giving the builder hassle about moving them but they hope to have it sorted, might be no harm to call the EA, it was JJEagan, I think they are in Navan.

Good Luck!

Sorry I misread the mail - Yeah, I meant Ryebridge...I've never heard of Rye Abbey...sorry