Ryanair - Wrong Name

S

slimm

I have a problem.
I have two names -- Simon and my korean name on my passport.
Simon is used daily, for billing and for enrollment in schools, including college.

Unfortunately, I selected the "This is Me" option for passengers and I purchased the ticket under Simon. It will cost 100€ for a name change, but this seems absurd as it is more than the ticket.

Is there any way, if I prove that the two names both refer to me, that they will change my name without such an unreasonably high fee?
The bank that I charged can also vouch that my preferred name is Simon instead of my legal name. It is listed as my middle name in school as well as other financial documents such as student loans.

Thank you for your help.

Slimm,

See this, I don't think you'll have to pay €100. It happened to me a few times where people had booked flights for me using the english version of my name and I had to change the booking to the irish version that appears on my passport. The most recent time I had to pay €10.

hi there

I had a problem a few weeks ago...my mother in law name on passport is in Irish and I booked with English name.

I used the fax number on the Ryanair website to fax them a letter explaining what had happened and they only charged 10e for the change.

Maybe you could send a letter from you along with one from a bank or wherever confirming

good luck!

Back