Ryanair to Faro 40min shorter flight from Cork than Kerry?

M

Mocho

I am looking at booking a flight to Faro from Cork or Kerry airport in April. I notice the flight time is 2hrs 30mins from Cork and 3hrs 10 mins from Kerry that is 40mins longer. I wonder is the flight from Kerry direct I don't see anything on the website about stopping at another airport.

Many Thanks if anybody knows.

Mocho, this is a ploy used by airlines to increase their "we arrive on or before time more than any other airlines"- There is no stop on the Kerry route. Just get your ears ready for the bugles and trumpets on Ryanair after touchdown advising "Another Ryanair flight arrives on time"

No fan of Ryanair,but is it possible their are different flight paths which cause the differential?

Just get your ears ready for the bugles and trumpets...
You're complaining about the free in-flight entertainment? :confused:

I reckon the longer flight time from Kerry is down to the "scenic detour" so beloved of The Kingdom's other transport providers.

A 737 burns about 4 tonnes of fuel an hour in cruise. You can be quote sure MOL doesn't authorise scenic routes!

Just trying to "rile" a few AAM members.... ;)

Anyway, I recently booked 5 round trips on that route for €48 each. Frankly, at that price, I don't care if the pilot stops off in Cahirciveen for tea and sangwiches.

Thanks everyone for your replies very helpful, I just needed reassurance I hadn't missed something.....

Back