Ryanair Ski Destinations

Mattb

Hi all. Has anybody flown to any ski resorts with Ryanair? If so, which one? and how did you get from the airport to the resort?, how long did it take you and could you recommend a hotel/accomodation. I'm very flexible about where to go (late Jan). I only want maybe 3 full days which is why i'm entertaining the Ryanair option. I also looked at Topflight who do a short break to Lillehammer in Norway. Anybody skiied there?
Many thanks!

Cousins flew to Girona last year with Ryanair then hired cars for 3hr drive to Andorra. All pretty cheap.

Ryanair and Aer Lingus fly to Salzburg.

The taxi drivers in Salzburg are well used to picking up people at the airport and dropping them to their resort. The cost per direction for us was about €100 (not on the meter) to St Johann, so it would be similar for resorts in that general region. I think the drive was 90 minutes or thereabouts.

We were going to get the taxi to Salzburg train station and get the train from there to St Johann and then get another taxi to our hotel, but it was going to cost almost as much as the taxi door to door and take hours longer so it was well worth it to just sit back and enjoy.

When our taxi driver asked where we were getting the train to and tried to say he would drive us there we were wary of being ripped off, but then we did the sums on the train tickets, the times, etc . . . He also arranged to pick us up for our return flight the next week. All in all, it made life incredibly simple. Turns out he drove Mary Robinson around the area a few years ago and he was full of (nice) stories. . . originally we thought the Mary Robinson thing was a wind up, but it turned out to be true from the detail he gave us. Nice guy.

z

Hint for hotel reservations - the easiest thing is to contact the tourist board for whatever resort you are interested in and let them do the work for you. You can spend days and weeks going back and forth, waiting for this hotel to reply (and then finding they are full) and that hotel to clarify, but if you ask the tourist board then all the hotels in the resort that have availability will contact you with their prices. Makes life a whole lot simpler.

z

Flew to Salzburg twice. Taxi to Obertauern (c 1 Hour) was €40.00 return per person - booked on line.

Back