Ryanair Self-Service Check-in Kiosks

TheShark

Travelled Belfast City-Stansted this weekend (due to the disruption at Dublin) and noticed that Ryanair now have those touch screen Check-In kiosks in operation at both of these airports. Thought they wee free but was promptly asked to fork out £9.50STG for the privelege , anyone else use these machines yet?

I was travelling back from Stansted before Christmas and I used the check-in kiosk. I didn't have to pay for the "privelege" of using this kiosk though so I'm not sure when this charge was introduced.

If I can remember correctly, you just type in your confirmation number and follow the instructions and a boarding pass will be printed.

There were a lot of annoyed people who queued to check in and were told to leave the queue and use the kiosk then queue again.

Personally I found the kiosk easy to use and the Ryanair staff pretty helpful.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps I should clarify exactly what happened.
We (family of 6) were booked to travel Dublin-Stansted on Thursday last , but with Dublin Airport snowbound and having rebooked three times for Thursday evening we eventually gave in to the elements and got Ryanair to rebook us from Belfast , which was fully operational , for first flight on Friday morning.
My problem now was that my car would be in the car park at Belfast City Airport so I requested them to reroute our return to there , which they kindly did.
On check-in at Belfast we were directed to the kiosks which , I have to say were great , I did not have to pay for check-in on the outbound flight , so assumed that the return would be the same but , alas , I was asked to pay.
When I queried this at Stansted this morning i was told that the kiosks were not "online check-in" and therefore the charge stands.

Back