Ryanair refund advice needed

portman

Hi,

my wife and i got stranded in paris before christmas during the period of terrible weather when dublin airport was shut. We we stuck in paris for an additional 4 days from our intended return journey. In the end we had to fly with airfrance as ryanair couldnt get us home before christmas. We applied for a claim for hotel, food and travel of €1500 and only received €800 with no explanation as to the breakdown. Could someone please help answer these questions we have:

Are we entitled to compensation for the delay and cancellation of 4 ryanair flights?

Are we entitled to the cost of the airfrance flight back home?

I feel that the expenses are reasonable can I appeal this decision?

I know they might say the weather isnt their fault, but they must have some liability/responsibility if they have given us a cheque in the first place?

Thanks for any advice

Did you claim from Ryanair or your travel insurance? Did you have travel insurance?

If you book with another airline you do invalidate part of a claim against Ryanair...they are responsible for getting you home and for your welfare until you get home. If they book you on another airline then they would be liable for that cost, if you book yourself on another line you are effectively letting Ryanair off the hook.

Hi Shesells, thanks for the quick reply.

I claimed from ryanair. we didnt have travel insurance which was stupid, i know.

We were forced to book our own flights as there was no ryanair representation available and the customer helpline was down during that whole week.

Back