Ryanair Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

roker

My daughter has booked a flight Cork to Dublin with Ryanair, the ticket cost €22. If she turns up with extra baggage it will cost an extra €35
If she checks in at the desk instead of online she pays another €40
If she has over 15kg luggage she pays €20 per kilo.
This is all trickery to catch you out.

Is a handbag counted as hand luggage?
She recently got married and book the flight with her new marriage name but forgot she still has the passport in her old name, I told her to take her marriage cert, will this do?

My daughter has booked a flight Cork to Dublin with Ryanair, the ticket cost €22. If she turns up with extra baggage it will cost an extra €35

She recently got married and book the flight with her new marriage name but forgot she still has the passport in her old name, I told her to take her marriage cert, will this do?

While not a fan of Ryanair I don't think they are trying to trick you. All their charges are on their website and the final bill is known before clicking on the Pay button.

Not to be smart after the event but a train would have been cheaper (if bringing a lot of luggage) and possibly quicker, given that it goes from city to city, is not as prone to delays and involves minimal waiting around.

I don't think they'll be satisfied with marraige cert. Check their on valid ID.

Ryanair is brillent if you travel with no luggage, check in online and you get a flight with no taxes. If you dont check in online and arrive with luggage you get charged. if she takes a handbag, just make sure she has space in her 1 piece of hand luggage that she can put it in for boarding. I dont think it is sufficient to just take her marriage cert with her, but I could be corrected. sometimes it would be cheaper to book another flight rather than pay €100 to change name per flight.

Hi Roker, I would go along with Gianni. The 10.30 ,11.30 , 12.30, 13.30 and 14.30 trains from Cork to Dublin are costing 20 euro one way. It is the hassle free way to go from Cork to Dublin, No waiting for baggage in Dublin and no extra charges.The time frame is about the same anyway, One hour at cork airport, 45 minutes on the flight before getting off and another 30 minutes waiting for luggage,and another 30 minutes getting in to town = 2.45 hours , Same as the train. Personally I would write off the 22 euro.

I have to say this is one of the silliest posts I've read on here in a while.

All those "extra" charges are not trickery, they're all visible and no-one is obliging your Daughter to bring luggage or check-in at the desk.

The fact that your daughter can't remember what name she is using is hardly Ryanair's fault.

I really dispair of people not taking any responsibility for their actions.

Of course its silly, but It must be a common occurance for married women to turn up with a different name on their 10 year passport, its easily done and expensive to change.

I was tempted to delete this thread but I've decided to leave it here to show people the type of idiocy we have to put up with on AAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back