Ryanair Online Check-in - advice

dereko1969

was working my way through checking in online and after i'd entered the expiry date of my passport i used the wheel on the mouse to move down to click check-in - this accidentally led to my changing the expiry date of my passport by 1 year. when i tried to change this, it won't allow me to change my details - any ideas on what to do? should i risk it? i've been trying to get through to ryanair on the phone and it's a nightmare, flight isn't until friday evening so i can keep checking but if anyone has an online boarding pass could they check it to see if there's an expiry date listed? will they even notice at the airport?

Re: Ryanair Online Checkin - advice

I had exactly the same problem last week, entered incorrect expiry date, couldn't get through to Ryanair to see what to do about it. Decided to chance it, flew Fri evening, & returned Sunday, no problem, it wasn't even noticed!

I entered an S instead of a 5 on my sisters passport number and they didn't notice. Worse case scenario you will have to pay to check in at the check in desk.

I made a mistake on my passport number and only noticed it when I printed off the page...but I was able to go back in, change it and reprint? I suppose it depends how close you are to your flight.

What I didn't know (or realise) is that you have to check in twice, once for outbound and again for the return. I foolishly imagined since it was the booking number that was used for the check-in, the one coupon would do for both legs; but that isn't the case.

On the new website you can check in for flights 5 days in advance and you don't need to enter the numbers twice.

I checked in last week for a weekend trip to the UK and after I put the details in it brought up both my flights and I just had to tick the box beside each "check in for this flight" - the link then gave both boarding cards.

thanks for replies, will risk it. by waiting to print off check in today i was able to print off the return legs as well (they have to be within the 5 days also).