Ryanair & new UK tax

C

Chromeo

Was on here before asking how to cancel a ryanair flight (Useless due their changing a connecting flight) but found no joy. Anyway, now I have flights to London I'm not using and i get a mail from ryaniar telling me theyre going to charge me the an additional GBP 20 on them, thanks to Gordon Brown's new tax....any way out of this?

Ta

Was on here before asking how to cancel a ryanair flight (Useless due their changing a connecting flight) but found no joy. Anyway, now I have flights to London I'm not using and i get a mail from ryaniar telling me theyre going to charge me the an additional GBP 20 on them, thanks to Gordon Brown's new tax....any way out of this?

Ta

As far as I know, they are giving the option to cancel flights and get a full refund if you refuse to pay the tax. At least, that was their initial position on the subject. They might have changed their minds! How you go about it, I am not so sure.

I have not been notified about this tax by Ryan air, I booked flights before Xmas will be leaving UK in March-- will they just take it from credit card or do I have to contact them.

BA are not recovering the increased tax on flights booked and paid for prior to December 12. However, Ryanair and Easyjet are collecting the increased tax on all tickets booked before December 7 for travel after February 1st. Ryanair propose to charge the increase to the credit card upon which the flight was reserved - refer to the notice on their web site.

I booked flights to Manchester on 6th December last
I got an e-mail on Tuesday from Ryanir advising the additional "govt tax" will be applied to my credit card in the coming days
From a reliable source i have in Ryanair, failue to pay this charge will result in you being excluded from the passenger list on that particular flight from the UK
The thought had crossed my mind to cancel the credit card but looks like no way out of it

I also heard on the radio this morning that Michael o Leary will offer each person who e-mails the British manager a flight for 10 quid
Have to check it out myself, i presume details will be on the Ryanair website

Back