Ryanair - Name Change?

Old Jim

Does anyone know if Ryanair charge for a name change on their flights. I got a good deal on flights from Knock to London (€18 ret. incl. taxes etc.), but now want to change one passengers name. Any charge would probably be greater than the ticket price.

Got this from their websitedoesn't mention a charge!)
Yes, however name changes can only be made in our Reservation centre subject to call centre opening hours, [broken link removed]. Names of passengers may be changed, up to 3 hrs, prior to the scheduled departure time (subject to availability & call centre opening hours). The same passenger name must be used for all flights within a booking.

I used to fly a fair bit between London and Dublin last year. Back then, if you wanted to change the passenger name, they charged the difference between the original price and the (almost always) higher current price.

Ryanair are cheap but are about as customer friendly as a.............

In saying that they may have changed their policy - thankfully i fly far less lately!!

If I looked a bit harder on their website I would have found this:

How much will a name change cost?
There is a name change fee of £45.00/€65 (or local currency equivalent) per person.

It might be cheaper to just book a flight for the passenger instead of changing name, I needed to change flights from UK to Knock with ryan air it worked out cheaper to just book a new flight instead of changing other one