Ryanair Luggage size

mylittlepony

My Luggage size is 54.5x33x19.5cm

Ryanair size limit 55x40x20.

So is my Luggage size fine and will be accepted by Ryanair?
Just want to double check cos I thought it look big compare to a backpack for overhead cabin storage.

Thank you in advance.

Bear in mind when you fill it the depth will expand (unless it is a hard case). They also weighed our bag in Italy last time we flew....(hasn't happened in Dublin yet). Luckily we were all just under....just!

Should be fine, just bear in mind not to overfill it for extra size and weight.

I've to fly soon too and thought about this..

You save 30 euros or more by taking 10KG onto the plane, instead of putting 15KG into the hold, and you'd also get the 10KG in the cabin even if you use the hold I suppose, only thought of this now.. hope 10KG by itself is enough. It's only 5 days in the sun, woo hoo... so don't need much.

Anyway.... I wonder how they check the bag size?... the best way would be to have a box which folds out to the maximum size and is placed over the suspect bag, if it goes over it's ok. They might pass a cutout over the bag or just measure it with a tape...

You'd want to make sure your bag doesn't sag over the limits

took me ages to book, website kept saying 'timeout'.. even on two browsers and after i deleted some cookies as well...

At the gate, just before boarding the plane, I was stopped by Ryanair Air Steward and my handluggage case put into a type of metal cradle.
As it would not fit in comfortably, I had to go aside and and squash down the contents. Luckily I then managed to fit it in. Several people were stopped and we were told that boarding would finish in 2 minutes.

So they are getting tough, be warned.

They check the size in a square cage type device which your bag is supposed to fit into comfortably. The bag may also be weighed at check in.

it seems to be very hit and miss. They have a metal cage thing in the airport for you to put your hand luggage into and if it doesn't fit, then you have to check it in.
They never checked in Dublin or Gatwick at the weekend. In fact in Dublin, some people had two or three bags on them, in Gatwick you had to put everything into one bag.

I recently bought that thingy that weighs and measures your luggage when I was buying my on board (supposed to comply) wheelie bag/case.
I hope to bring it (the thingy) with me on my next trip