Ryanair introduce in-flight gambling

I think Michael O'Leary is shooting himself in the foot.

I was unable to log onto AAM from my work PC when it was hosted by the previous service provider. Now I am unable to log onto sites such as Skyfootball or Boards.ie at work. If I try to log on I get blocked and a message comes up "Block gambling, bad language etc. Your IT unit has been notified."

I presume lots of people book/look up flights from work (on their lunch/tea break naturally). If these potential customers access to the Ryanair site is blocked and they are not prevented from logging onto other airlines websites, AerLingus.Com, GO etc then I would imagine that, rather than wait until they go home, that these are the sites that they will book their flights through.

In work, you can get the ban on a particular site lifted if you contact IT section and request it provided you need it for work reasons. I think most people would find it hard to justify the need to log on to Ryanair.com for work reasons.

Murt

No. Did you ?
Nope, I'm no masochist, which is why I don't fly Ruinair.
It's one thing to say 'it's cheap so I accept the abuse' but spare us the nonsense that its also a pleasurable experience!

The public know what they are buying when they take a Ryanair flight - and the facts are clearly stamped all over their marketing - it's called "No Frills" and thats exactly what you get.

Bleating on incessantly about how Ryanair saved the universe is pointless - its history. Markets evolve. The aviation market is no exception. Get over it.

You notably failed to address my question about competition. Would you like to try again and address that point?

Let me help you by providing you with a simple analogy.

You read like the kind of person who enjoys McDonalds burgers hugely, because they're cheap.

On the other hand I like a good steak.

I have no problem with your preference for McDonalds. Knock yourself out if you like!

What I do have a problem with is that you would dictate to me and all my fellow fine-diners that we must eat McDonalds too - just to please you and show our sincere thanks and appreciation to Ronald McDonald for making the best burgers in town.

The fact is though - I don't like burgers, and I don't like McDonalds, and I think Ronald is a clownish git.
So do me a favour and stick to comparing McDonalds and BurgerKing - which is a comparison that might actually be relevant (to you burger munchers anyhow).

Now, why do you have a problem with that, huh? Does it bother you that I want to have more choice?
Why so???
Over to you.

Murt10 makes an interesting point on the gambling issue. I wonder if Ryanairs IT people aren't at this very moment beavering away like madmen to try and dig themselves out of a great big hole.

Speaking of which - where's rabbit gone?
The choice and competition question has evidently stumped the little guy.
For someone so stridently pro-Ryanair, one can only guess why he would prefer to remain silent on such issues.
I'm sure the readership are by now drawing their own conclusions.

The heck with burgers - anyone for rabbit stew?

Rubbish analogy, and you are totally wrong yet again. I actually prefer steak to McDonalds, not that it is any of your business. I also prefer Ryanair to Aer Fungus, because they are friendlier and because they have a 100% safety record, unlike their smaller competitor Aer Lingus. Ryanair also tend to take off and land on time.
Plus they are less expensive than Aer Fungus....I would rather the money for myself than to end up in some bearded trade unionists already well padded pocket.

I do not deal with them. Only the likes of Mecanno ...

Rubbish analogy, and you are totally wrong yet again. I actually prefer steak to McDonalds, not that it is any of your business.
Do you find abstract thought difficult? Maybe its all the burgers. Touch of CJD?

I also prefer Ryanair to Aer Fungus, because they are friendlier
Not if you're in a wheelchair.

I heard he put a memo out to the staff - "Ze beatings vill continue until ze morale improves! Yawol!

...and because they have a 100% safety record, unlike their smaller competitor Aer Lingus.
In life dear rabbit - accidents will happen.

Aer Lingus has been operating for 70 years. Ryanair for about 16 in its current format. Ryanair has had plenty of 'near things'.
You know the difference between 'a near thing' and an accident?
Luck.

You're playing a dangerous game rabbit when you boast about ************************* safety records - fate has a way of levelling such hubris. The Boeing 737 aircraft that Ryanair use have the 5th worst crash record of all aircraft makes.
Not to worry though - unlike you O'Leary is rather more aware of the risk and has publicly stated he believes Ryanairs financial health can weather 'a couple of hull losses'.
Thats 2 X 180 dead people.
Very comforting. Nice sentiment. What a guy.

Ryanair also tend to take off and land on time.
Premier airlines operate into busy major hubs like Heathrow where passengers can link into long-haul services or choose multiple other services to medium and short haul destinations.
A necessary service, and important choice - I'm sure you'll agree.

But such busy airports unfortunately suffer from traffic delays.
Taxi times in Kennedy Airport can be over 1 hour. Heathrow has regular holding for arriving aircraft of over 20 minutes in busy periods, and slot restrictions for departure.

If Ryanair flew into such destinations then their track record on punctuality would be rather different.
But of course - they never will.
Which could prove rather awkward for those who need that service and that choice if Ryanair was the monopoly carrier in their country.
You evidently don't understand the most elementary basics of the business, so you persist in wrongly comparing 'a McDonalds burger' with 'a good steak in a 5 star restaurant'. They are different products.

Or maybe you understand very well, but want to pull the wool over peoples eyes? Just like Mr.O'Leary does when he pushes meaningless punctuality statistics down the publics credulous necks.

Plus they are less expensive than Aer Fungus....I would rather the money for myself than to end up in some bearded trade unionists already well padded pocket.
Like I said before - if you like burgers - knock yourself out.
And I see the beardies are revolting all over europe now!
[broken link removed]

And we are back to using bold type. It really does get your point across much better

You read like the kind of person who enjoys McDonalds burgers hugely, because they're cheap.

On the other hand I like a good steak.

I have no problem with your preference for McDonalds. Knock yourself out if you like!

You did not get it the first time. Let me repeat : "Rubbish analogy, and you are totally wrong yet again. I actually prefer steak to McDonalds, not that it is any of your business."

Seeing as you have continued with the McD anology, which you introduced ....If you like McDonalds - but paying steak prices - Meccano, that is your problem. If you want to fly an airline with a 100% safety record , unlike Aer Lingus, then fly Ryanair. If you want a more punctual airline than Aer Lingus, fly Ryanair. If you want a more efficient, friendlier service, fly Ryanair. If you want to fly with a bigger, more profitable airline than Aer Lingus, fly Ryanair. If you want to fly between airports in European mainland, fly Ryanair. If you want to eat burger, then eat burgers. I do not eat burgers, but if you want to eat burgers or fly Aer Lingus it would be none of my business. Just remember the steak money you pay goes to the pockets of the bearded ones, who most certainly do not eat the food of the masses.

(Tonight) Friday 10th November, 8pm, ITV, 'Life of Ryan' - Investigating the low cost airline Ryanair as it attempts to takeover Aer LIngus.