Ryanair Hotels.

SlurrySlump

Ryanair have teamed up with Expedia to offer hotels on their Ryanair website. I decided to key in a resort that I am heading too later in the year. The price per night for the hotel room was €103 and by my Leaving Cert maths, 7 nights should make a total of €721. However when I looked at the total cost it came in at over €790. It was only when I proceeded to the "book it" button I saw that they are adding taxes and service fees per day on to the price of over €10 per day. I know that there is such a thing as room tax that usually comes in at less than €1 but what is this "service fee". Next we will be charged for bringing a suitcase I suppose!!

Aer Lingus now use the 'old' Ryanair hotels site. Easy jet still have a useful site but hotelscomparison.com is probably a better bet.

As cuchulainn has said hotelscomparison.com is a very good bet. Its receiving very good reviews from the Sunday Times Travel section in the UK. They state that Expedia and hotels.com are owned by Tripadvisor's parent company
Very good article in the 11th March 2007 travel section about searching for the best flight,hotel and car deals.
Other sites to check out are Traveljungle.co.uk and Travelsupermarket.com