Ryanair handling fee

LMNOP

Sorry if this has been covered before - cant find it specifically.
Just booking a couple of flights with Ryanair. Choose internet checkin/priority boarding with no bags, so no additional charge there.
Just before I confirmed payment, I noticed the total changed, to include a handling fee of €16. There was not explanation for this, it was just added to the total (unlike the breakdown they give for airport charges).
Just wondering if this charge is standard with all flights, ie: everyone pays €8 per flight.
(Its probably normal, I clearly dont get out much..)

Tks in advance.

Welcome to Ryanair. You have just been charged a credit card handling fee, and no, there is no other way you can pay for your flights in Ireland. Also, although it's only one transaction, Ryanair will charge you this fee for each segment of the flight and each person for no reason known to men other then to obscure their real ticket cost. I find it very annoying and wish they would just include it in their fare price as they will still be very cheap.

Let's wait and see what their website pricing looks like after this weekend

(For those who don't know Ryanair.com is going down tonight and will not be back up until Monday evening - [broken link removed] )

It seems to me utterly bizarre for a company that does almost all of its sales through their website that they need to take it down for 72hrs to do whatever changes they need to do to be compliant with transparent pricing etc - but there you go.

Thanks for the update Harry. Am not complaining, still cheap, just, well.. sneaky.
- Price for ticket(s)
- Airport charges if applicable
- Baggage charges if applicable
- handling fee

Got it. Tks.

Welcome to Ryanair. You have just been charged a credit card handling fee, and no, there is no other way you can pay for your flights in Ireland.

There is another way of paying for Ryanair flights in Ireland - the site accepts Halifax (VISA) Debit cards, and the handling fee is €1.50 per person per flight.

Yep Gipimann - Just noticed that there is
- No Charge for Visa Electron
- €6 (2 flights in this case) for Visa Debit/Delta
- €6 (2 flights in this case) for Connect
- €16 (2 flights in this case) for Visa or Mastercard

Yep Gipimann - Just noticed that there is
- No Charge for Visa Electron
- €6 (2 flights in this case) for Visa Debit/Delta
- €6 (2 flights in this case) for Connect
- €16 (2 flights in this case) for Visa or Mastercard

Is it possible to get a Visa Electron or similar in Ireland?

On a slightly different not but also concerning Ryanair. I recently booked 2 flights for a weekend in Barcelona. I thought that €26 per bag was a total rip off so I decided not to bother booking any baggage on the plane and just have online check-in for both of us. It is a surprise for the girlfriend so I hadn't consulted her about it. I thought about it again and decided I should stick one bag down for her so I rang up Ryanair (on hold for at least 10 minutes) to ask if it was possible to amend the booking. They said I could but the bag would cost €18 ONE-WAY!!! So it was €36 for the bag and then I had to switch the online check-ins to airport check-in at a cost of €8 each so in total it cost me €52 to put a bag on the plane. This is just a word of warning to make sure before hand wether or not you want to bring a bag.

. I thought that €26 per bag was a total rip off
They said I could but the bag would cost €18 ONE-WAY!!!

I do not think this is a rip-off as [broken link removed]are very clear on the matter.

I do not think this is a rip-off as [broken link removed]are very clear on the matter.

Well yeah I know it says it in their Terms & Conditions but I just meant in general I think it's a disgrace that they can get away with charging this much!

Look at it in the different way. Forget about individual charges, and look at the bottom line figure.

Is it still not cheaper than if you had booked with another airlines?

No handling fee if you pay by Ryanair credit card! Get one, use it only for flights and pay off straight away - no handling fee. You will get caught for government duty though so 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other?

No handling fee if you pay by Ryanair credit card! Get one, use it only for flights and pay off straight away - no handling fee. You will get caught for government duty though so 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other?

You absolutely sure about that? There was no particular option for a Ryanair CC when paying, just a standard Visa. Just wondering??

I have a Ryanair(MBNA) credit card and have always been charged. How do you select it?

If I could use a Ryanair credit card to book flights, with the credit card charge free, I would certainly switch my present card over to them. N.I.B. aren't offering me anything to stay with them.

I have a Ryanair card too and when selecting it as a method of payment I still get charged, which annoys me even more,

Why would you need to check in a bag for a week end break? you can take 10kg with Ryan Air in hand luggage each, makeup etc comes in
travel size.
My husband and I have just returned from Canaries from a 4 week stay and used hand luggage only, had loads of room for everything.

I found we had loads of room using our 10kg allowance, eg my case contained the following.
4 tops, 4 pairs shorts, 2 light pants and the jeans I used for travelling, 1 long skirt, 1 mini dress, 3 bikini/wraps, warm cardigan I used for travel and a wrap for round shoulders.
1 light dressing gown and 2 nighdress, 1 pair high heels and 1 sandles and the trainers I wore for travelling.
my make up was travel size and I bought my toothpast etc over there.

I packed my stuff in the plastic airtight bags so very little space used even brough travel hairdryer.
my husband brought very little but bought shorts/t shirts over there.