Ryanair forcing me to fly within 10 days of their cancellation.

SoylentGreen

My Ryanair flight was cancelled on the 20th. I was due to fly today the 21st. I received an email from Ryanair with the following info.

TO REBOOK FREE ONLINE:

Click on the link below to rebook to the same destination airport on an alternative flight free of charge, subject to availability. Customers can access this link up to the 20/04/2010 for travel on flights up to the 30/04/2010.

Why am I restricted to flying by April 30th and why if my flight was cancelled on the 20th do I have to re-book by the 20th?

My understanding is that I should be able to book to fly at a later date suitable to me within reason? Any views?

Your flight was cancelled , if it does'nt suit to rebook a flight within the 10 days then take the refund.

I had the same message in connection with a flight on 20th April. I can still access that site to re-arrange my flights, and can book a date in May. I suggest you go ahead and try to book a date that suits you, even if it is after 30th April.

Thanks Gervan. I am going to try and create a mirror image of my failed April holiday for some time in mid May. I think it unreasonable that Ryanair would confine me to flying by April 30th. Also the fact that they cancelled my flight on the 20th but only gave me until the 20th (same day) to make up my mind about re-booking or cancelling.
Unfortunately, the hotels that I have to re-book have all increased their prices for May so even if I can manage to re create this holiday it is going to cost a lot more.