Ryanair flights to Germany?

Bonafide

I had the misfortune of flying to Weeze airport on my last visit to Germany and would not like to repeat the experience.

Does anyone know if Ryanair flights to Hamburg, Bremen or Frankfurt flights actually land anywhere near the cities?

Also, are you aware of which cities have the better Christmas markets? Perhaps Salzburg?...

Thanks Clubman, (that is why it is not listed with the German cities).

There are also Christmas Markets in Austria, Poland, Hungary - I was alluding to the fact that I am open to suggestions.

Ryanair fly to Frankfurt-Hahn. The airport is about 100 miles away from the city of Frankfurt and travel there is a bit hit or miss. hourly buses travel into frankfurt. The airport is actually closer to luxemburg than to Frankfurt.

Aerlingus fly to frankfurt city and they usually have some good special offers. return for less than €100.

Ryanair have flights to Eindhoven (NL). From what I can gather from the Eindhoven VVV website, there is a good christmas market there.

We are going for a weekend just before Christmas - flights with Ryanair cost $0.01 a few weeks back, hotel in the city centre with a swimming pool cost €40 for the room (with 2 adults & 2 children) and the Christmas fair & an Ice Sculpture thing are in the square right outside the hotel. Transfer from the airport to the city is reported to be short & easy.

All in all, not bad value. A weekend trip for 4 just before Christmas for something like €260 or so all in - a good use for my now finished SSIA contributions.

z

Cologne has fab Christmas markets - you could fly with German WIngs - they are also a budget airline. HTH

Ryanair fly to Berlin Schonefeld and I found it very close to the city centre although you can get closer through one of the other airports(mainly domestic tho).Aer Lingus also fly here and its due to be the main international airport for Berlin in the coming years.
Theres a train 5mins max(literally) walk from the terminal that brings you right into the centre of Berlin.Not sure exactly how long it took but it honestly wasn't long.We weren't waiting long on a train either.
I was well impressed with how close the airport was after having flown to 'Paris' with Ryanair!!
Would defo recommend it.Berlin is a very nice city as well.

"Hamburg" for Ryanair means Lubeck, a city about an hour's drive from Hamburg. However, Lubeck itself is quite charming and apparently has a good Christmas market.

There was a thread on Christmas markets in Germany some weeks back, you many want to do a search for that.

Thanks all for your contributions. Think I will look at Eindhoven or Berlin.

Thanks again