Ryanair flights cancelled due to snow, what are my rights

Bronte

I've looked in the travel forum and would like to know my exact rights. Specifically are travellers entitled to the following:

Hotel stay on night of flight cancellation

Taxi

Food

Hotel at destination cancelled too late

Flights, do we get a full refund, we hit the refund button and apparently are going to be refunded for outward and return directly to the credit card. I've copied Ryanairs email below.

Compensation, is there such a thing

Or is their a consumer website I can check to know my rights or a good article on it?

It was not Ryanair's fault we didn't fly. Airport authorities are to be blamed for lack of preparation but that's another story.

Dear Customer
Due to the high number of flight cancellations as a result of weather conditions across Europe we are currently experiencing a delay in processing refunds. We confirm receipt of your refund request under booking confirmation 111111 and confirm that your request will be processed within the next 28 working days. Confirmation of your refund will be sent to the email address used for original booking.
Please accept this email as notification of receipt and do not resubmit your request
Your sincerely
Ryanair Customer Services

You had two options:

1. Have Ryanair arrange alternative transport, such as a later flight once the destination airport reopens. In this case, Ryanair are also responsible for sorting you out with hotel, transport to the hotel and food.

2. Full refund for the flight (including all fees, charges and even the dreaded credit card fee).

By applying for a refund, you chose the latter. Thus, you are no longer entitled to any reimbursement for taxi, hotel or restaurant costs.

In either case, there would have been no compensation as it was not the airline's fault that the flight was canceled.

Thanks undo, you are correct, I telephoned the Aviation authority to see what my rights were and they are as you stated.

Back