Ryanair disrespect for lady with colostomy bag

Thats pretty shocking. But then I dont think any poor treatment of Ryanair passengers by Ryanair should shock me anymore.

Not shocked at all.

I've stopped flying with Ryanair due to their bag restrictions and numerous checks, rude stewardesses / ground staff, etc. etc.

Aer Lingus is a million times better and the staff are friendly, courteous and well-trained.

Vote with your credit card, just don't fly with them!

That is beyond rude. The staff involved should be mortified and I cannot believe Ryanair would not offer an apology. Even if the staff member on the day felt the passenger should have contacted their special assistance line (which in fact she had tried to do several times) there are sensitive ways to handle situations and staff should be properly trained in how to do this (if their own basic cop on doesn't already tell them).

whatever bit extra it costs to fly air lingus its worth it! i would never give a penny of my money to a thrashy outfit like ryanair.

You fly with Ryanair and you get what you pay for - cheap (but not as cheap as they used to be), no frills A -> B as painfully as possible.

Like those above, when there is not too much discrepancy I will fly Aer Lingus everytime (I travel Londong to Dublin a lot).

Aer Lingus is a million times better and the staff are friendly, courteous and well-trained.

I fly quite a lot, 100+ flights a year, and I disagree strongly with you. Ryan Air as as bad as people say they are but Aer Lingus are just as bad.
The trans-Atlantic service from Aer Lingus is good but their short-hop flights are nowhere near the standard of "proper" airlines like British Airways.

The most ignorant and unhelpful ground staff I have ever met work for Aer Lingus. At least with Ryan Air you get what it says on the tin. Aer Lingus think they are a class above them while delivering the same service (but with older staff and planes).

What's wrong with older staff?

On our holiday this year we flew out with Aer Lingus and flew back with Ryanair and the difference between the service was very noticable, particularly as we were traveling with young children.
With Aer Lingus we had bigger baggage allowance, seperate family check-in, could choose seats beside one another and were allowed board early.
The flight home with Ryanair was like a free for all to get seats.

If I was travelling on my own and Ryanir were cheaper I would go with them, but if travelling with a family I would pay a little bit more to travel with Aer Lingus.

They didn't on the last flight I was on. You had to pay for priorty boarding to board early.

They didn't on the last flight I was on. You had to pay for priorty boarding to board early.

Priority boarding gets to go first, then people travelling with young children, people who need help etc, then the rest of us.

If it's a major issue just pay the extra €5 for priority boarding. It's probably still cheaper than the next airline.

It hasn't been a problem yet. Oddly enough, people are happy enough to let you sit with your toddler, they don't seem to want to sit beside them for the flight! On the upside, we haven't flewn Ryanair for a few years, partly because we have gone abroad less often.

If it's a major issue just pay the extra €5 for priority boarding. It's probably still cheaper than the next airline.

If you are a family the priorty boarding can add up, although one of my colleagues just buys the priorty boarding for himself and boards early with the baby to keep seats. Then his wife boards later with the older children.
What ever happened to the glamour of flying?

Nothing in theory but many of them are a decade of two past giving a damn.

True. But lots of younger employees are equally rude,impatient or disinteresed in providing any customer service. It's more down to personality than age.