Ryanair credit card and "free" flights

jdork

I'm thinking of signing up for the Ryanair Credit card specifically to get a 'free' flight. Don't care about the APR etc as I pay my balance off in full every statement.

However the website isn't clear on what the terms and conditions are and even go as far to say that they will be sent out 21 days after making the first purchase with the card. At that point it's a bit too late!!
So does anyone uses this card and could they enlighten me as to the T&Cs?

Specifically I'm wondering if 5 * Ireland internal flights would qualify for a 'free' flight anywhere on their network?

Thanks,
John

would be a little suspicious, i recently applies to join Hertz club through Ryanair for the benefit of the free return flight offered, after I had completed all the registration process I discovered that it was limited to the first 1000 suscribers

AFAIK to avail of the "free" flight two people must travel together...the second person paying for their flight.

Also I would imagine the "free" flight that you get is probably only one you could have bought for less than a fiver on their site anyway. They're not going to be giving away returns to Malaga on the August Bank holiday on this deal I wouldn't imagine - probably Doncaster at 6am on a Tuesday in February would be more like it.

And I'm sure you'd have to pay the taxes on the "free" flight - which are several times the fare anyway on the cheapy tickets

And I'd be also sure that you couldn't book this "free" flight on their website - you'll probably have to do it on their telephone booking line which is a premium rate number.

I doubt you'd get the value of the €40 government duty for sure

jdork said:
I'm thinking of signing up for the Ryanair Credit card specifically to get a 'free' flight. Don't care about the APR etc as I pay my balance off in full every statement.

However the website isn't clear on what the terms and conditions are and even go as far to say that they will be sent out 21 days after making the first purchase with the card. At that point it's a bit too late!!
So does anyone uses this card and could they enlighten me as to the T&Cs?

Specifically I'm wondering if 5 * Ireland internal flights would qualify for a 'free' flight anywhere on their network?

Thanks,
John
The free flights ia a gimmick as you have to pay the taxes, so its not worth signing up to their card just for that. You could always get a pigsback credit card where u earn piggypoints every time u use it and also the same with tesco ( clubcard points)

No its not a gimick really... got one myself. Basically you get a free flight when you sign up (think it has to be used in 6 months) You ring up to check is the flight available (number is an 0818 number which is a national call rate) I tried for one between london and Graz (its not just from Ireland) and it was available (saving me about £50) so its not just the €5 flights that are available... No one has to travel with you.

To get the other free flights as you or your family must purchase and fly 5 return flights beteen 1 Jan and 1 July or between 1 July and 31 Dec to be eligible.

Thanks Guys. Probably wouldn't do 5 flights in six months but something to consider.

Knew I'd have to pay the taxes. I've got free flights with air miles on various airlines in the past and afaik all have charged the taxes.

Just to remind everybody that these "taxes" are mostly NOT taxes paid to the Govt, but airport and insurance charges.

Though some countries do have Govt taxes, e.g. stg£5 or £10 to leave the UK.

Yep the flight was about £70 including taxes so I was saving about £50 as I still have to pay taxes... not bad for filling in a form to open a new CC account and making a phone call to close my own and then sending the letter i got from my old CC provider to MBNA. Easily worth the effort!

Has anybody any update on this? Since Ryanair have launched Shannon-Fuerteventura and Shannon-Tenerife I am interested in this. Is there anywhere online that you can check the availability of these free* flights?

It also says if I spend over €5000 in a quarter I get 2 free* flights, so if I spend 5000 in two quarters would I get 4 free* flights so the family (4 of us) could fly to Tenerife / Fuerteventura for free*?

*I know that you still have to pay the taxes&charges

Back