Ryanair changed one leg of journey - can I get other leg refunded?

C

Chromeo

Hi Everyone

I've booked 2 seperate (i.e. 2 seperate bookings) flights with Ryanair for next year - Dublin to Stanstead, and Stanstead to Pisa. Now Ryanair have changed the date of the Italy leg - a refund for that is offered but, from looking at their site and Terms, I reckon I may be fecked on the dublin/london leg.

Is this the case or do I have some comeback?

If it is two seperate bookings, you don't have any comeback I am afraid.

And they specifically tell you that they're a point-to-point airline and to never ever expect to make connections if you're using any of their flights. If they're abiding by their own terms and conditions on the flight that they've changed, then there's nothing much you can do.

they are not the only ones. Daughter booked flights to london with bmi baby few weeks ago. Going to a friends wedding. woke up on thursday( day of outward flight) to discover panic all over heathrow etc. checked with bmi , told to come on ahead. went to dublin airport. queues everywhere. gave up after a few hours. Rang bmi last week to enquire if she was entitled to refunds for missing flights etc . Informed by bmi that as dublin/london flight was cancelled they would refund the cost of that flight within 10 days but that as the situation had changed by sunday and the return flight went ahead she wouldnt get any refund on that. Still waiting for the refund to appear on the credit card and then if they have only refunded the first flight, you will read about it in the ST travel mag. ( readers rants) might as well give them all the bad publicity they deserve. How was she supposed to get the return flight home when she couldnt get out?

This happened to us a few years ago. Booked London to Stansted and Stansted to Groenigen ... then they stopped flying to Groenigen ... they offered us a refund or an alternative airport (Eindhoven) in this case which was nearly 2 hours away ... will not book point to point again ... not worth the hassle!

Informed by bmi that as dublin/london flight was cancelled they would refund the cost of that flight within 10 days but that as the situation had changed by sunday and the return flight went ahead she wouldnt get any refund on that.

As you point out, with regards to the return leg if someone didn't get the outbound leg, I would chase this up very hard. I would expect a full refund for the outbound and return flights in this situation. Maybe the European Consumer Centre can let you know more about your rights in this - they seem to have some good details [broken link removed] at least.

BMI have now refunded the total cost of the outward/return to my credit card. they didn't charge for the credit card at the time so I have received a full refund. felt it fair to mention this.

I once tried to get a refund from Ryanair.. but no joy..that was after waiting on the ryanair premium pay number for hours!!