Ryanair cancellation

dmac

Myself and a colleague had a ryanair flight cancelled a few months ago because the baggage handlers damaged the luggage door when loading the plane.
We had the usual sitting on the plane for two hours while they tried to fix it (even seen an engineer walking across the tarmaC with gaffer tape) and then another two hours off the plane in the terminal before they finally cancelled it.
We got two rooms in a hotel and came back the next morning and our plane was fixed and we flew home.
We were given claim forms which we filled out when we got home, we attached the hotel reciepts; looking to get the hotel costs refunded.
On the claim form I went into detail of what happened whereas my colleague didn't on his.
Last week he recieved an email from ryanair telling him that due to exceptional circumstances beyond their control they would not be giving him any compensation.
I have recieved no email yet, i'm now wondering did i write my address wrong and I would have gotten the same silly excuses from ryanair or that they are dealing with my claim or that they seen my friends lack of detail about the cancellation and just kicked it into touch.
He has since emailed them going into all the detail and refuting their claims about it being outside their controls etc but is not holding out any hope.
By the way the flight was from Charleroi to Dublin at the beginning of may, maybe someone was on this flight also and they have been met with the same excuses.

If you get nowhere and believe that you have an entitlement to compensation then contact the [broken link removed].

Back