Ryanair - Booked for 4 people - only 3 able to travel now

biggerry

I booked a flight to Rome for 4 people last week. It turns out that one of the people can't travel due to a prior family engagement (I don't know why this wasn't realised at the time of booking :mad: ).

Will it cause any problems at check in when only 3 of us show up and the booking reference has 4 people listed?

I checked the Ryanair site, but couldn't find anything about this.

I don't think why it should be a problem, as the tickets are paid for, and you are not claiming any refund. Just read the other day that Angelina Jollie and Brad Pitt recenly booked 8 seats in a flight when only 4 will be travelling....

biggerry said:
Will it cause any problems at check in when only 3 of us show up and the booking reference has 4 people listed?
Nope. The fourth flight will be 'wasted', that's all...

If someone looks for it between the time the party of three checks in and the close of check-in.

bond-007 said:
The question is can/will Ryanair resell this seat?

That's the only sure thing in life and sell it for a huge price they will.

Went with Aer Lingus to Glasgow for a match on Saturday (paid 4050 euro each way) and met a guy who went on standby and paid €288 for his flight. Makes it a very expensive day trip.

Roy

you can change the name of the person traveling for 50 euro so maybe someone would be interested in buying it for a little more and you could make some money back

onekeano said:
Went with Aer Lingus to Glasgow for a match on Saturday (paid 4050 euro each way) and met a guy who went on standby and paid €288 for his flight. Makes it a very expensive day trip.

I'm sure that guy was pleased he wasn't you then :D

DrMoriarty said:
If someone looks for it between the time the party of three checks in and the close of check-in.
So Ryanair don't over book their flights?

Back