Ryanair baggage

poppy265

Hey guys,

Can anyone answer this question, going to liverpool from dublin, want to check in on-line (as will have hand luggage) going over - BUT will do some shopping over there and will want to bring a bag back, so will need to check in at desk on way back. Do you know can i do this??

I tried to add one bag for return journey - but its charging me for outbound and return journey !

did something kinda similiar just recently. booked 3 bags outward so was doing airport check-in but coming back ended up with another bag. checked the extra bag in online 2 days before our return. didn't have a problem with this and only one charge. BUT the ryanair booking didn't reflect the extra bag but did show the extra payment made separately from the main payment. went to the help desk at airport and explained and showed my printoff - no hassles.

Why not book the incoming flight as a separate transaction? ie book 2 one way flights instead of one return? There is no cost saving in booking a return flight as you pay the CC service fee twice anyway.

I have already booked these flights a couple of months ago, but now realised that my small hand luggage won't be big enough to carry and purchases i make over in liverpool, i will just check in on-line for my outbound flight, then over there try to add a bag on line for coming home, and hope this works!

You might be able to add the bag for the inbound journey only to your flight now, before you head over there. I know this can be done with Aer Lingus in their Manage Booking part of the site - you can add bags to the outbound and/or inbound flight. Would save you having to interrupt your shopping trip!

Back