Ryanair baggage - checked in luggage one way

Hurling Fan

Hi, just wondering is it possible to travel on Ryanair and go one way with hand luggage and on the return flight check in a 15kg bag for Euro15, say if one does a bit of shopping.

Anyway have an idea? Thanks.

i don't think so, i think you'd have to buy two separate one-way tickets, as far as i know if you check in a bag you it automatically applies to both legs of the journey. booking two separate one-way tickets shouldn't cost anymore either as the credit card fees are charged on both legs.

Thanks dercko1969

Any idea what would happen if I didn't check in any luggage (only hand stuff) on either leg and on the return leg arrived with a 15kg bag to check in. Do you think that would cost Euro15 or would it be charged per kilo?

Hurling fan,

We had a similar scenario on hols in France. Did not check in bags on the outward journey, but wanted to check in luggage on return trip after 'unforeseen shopping'. We checked in online and selected the check in luggage and paid for the return trip.

We could not print it confirmation, so there was some confusion at the check in, we offered to show the confirmation email on the laptop, but the check in desk was too hassled to bother (so we got both our bags checked into the hold, instead of the one booked in afterwards :D)

Back