Ryanair baggage allowance discounted online price

PM1234

I recently bought two one way tickets for Ryanair flights. When it came to baggage allowance I purchased 0 bags for 3.50e. The tab said by booking online the 3.50e was a discounted price. Unsure if this was a mistake as now it seems I must check in online or else I have purchased handbag luggage only. As I need to carry more than a briefcase I think I must rectify this. Does anyone know what the 3.50e covers and how to rectify this so I can check in one bag? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
PM1234,

It is not to late to get this rate. I think it entitles you to check in one bag/case under 15kg one way. See extract from Ryanair's website.

*Up to 4 hours prior to your scheduled departure you can contact your local Ryanair reservations centre to add flight change fees (route/date/time), name change fees, infant fees, baggage fees, priority boarding fees, sports equipment and musical instrument fee, this is subject to call centre opening hours. Ireland's is 0818 30 30 30 charged at the national rate.

I had this difficulty also recently.
The ryanair website is confusing and misleading.
The € Charge that you are referring to is actually preferential boarding and not your baggage allowance. When you select to carry on hand luggage only, this € charge pops up and if you don't want the preferential boarding (you get onto the airplane first) then you have to deselect it to get the reduction.
It's extremely confusing and you're not the first person I've heard complaining about it.
According to press reports during the week, this way that this charge is applied is under investigation.

Many thanks for your replies. I didn't realise I had booked preferential boarding. It is confusing as I tried to delete this option but it seems I didn't. I will contact Ryanair and presumably get charged some more! My own fault - so much for the low fare airline.....

Back