ryanair airport in tenerife

narky

Just wondering is tenerife ryanair airport far from all the good resorts? never been to tenerife so just wondering where you would go to if you flew in to this airport. any suggestions?

Think the airport with Ryanair is Tenerife South which serves the resorts of Playas del Americas, Los Cristianos and costa adeje, they are all beside each other - less than an hour away if I remember from the airport via coach transfer, probably take less time in a taxi. Playas del americas is fairly young and lively and can get messy so if this is not what you are looking for then you should stay clear.

Lots of touts to watch out for too, day and night they approach you in the street with scratch cards, its a scam.

Los Cristianos is a nice area lots of bars and restaurants lovely apartments and hotels, and nice quieter beach - prices are fairly reasonable too.

Ryanair fly into Tenerife South.
The airport is 15-20 mins by taxi from Las Americas, Los Cristianos & Costa Adeje,

There are only 2 airports in Tenerife, the newer Reina Sofia (South Tenerife airport) was opened in 1978 after the worst crash in aviation history occurred in Los Rodeos Airport (now known as Tenerife North and used mainly for domestic flights) when two 747s collided, killing almost 600 people.

I believe I read somewhere that Tenerife North has opened up another terminal in the last few years that is used by budget airlines, but I had a look at Ryanair's website and they use Tenerife South.

The Budget Travel brochure gives transfer times from Reina Sofia to Playa de las Americas as 25 mins, to Los Cristianos as 20 mins & to Golf del Sur as 35 mins. Playa de las Americas has apparently been cleaned up considerably in recent years but there are still parts that are pretty rough, so worth doing plenty of research if you're intending on going there.