Ryanair 2006

Edel V

Am looking to bag some cheap flights with Ryanair for Summer 2006 (along with the rest of the country probably) but they don't seem to be on sale yet. Anyone know when Ryanair will be releasing their flights for next year. Have searched their website for this information but am still none the wiser.

Edel

sale is on at the moment they extended it till booking by tomorrow (thursday) and you must travel before i think it is 7th of feb, there is still alot of 1cent flights, where the advertisement is on the website for sale just go into that

I used to think that the Ryanair pricing model was based on the first few seats being the cheapest (and therefore the earlier you book the cheaper) and increasing in price as more or sold, leaving the last few seats costing loads (e.g 200 Euro) that only companies or desperate people would buy.

But my experiences tell me different. I have booked flights before (months in advance) and they would cost like 39.99 then I would check a bit nearer the time and I have been sickened to see the same flights selling for 1.99 !!!

The last time I thought I was really clever because I wanted to go to England in March this year. I checked the prices around early Jan and they were like 49.99. waited a few weeks and sure enough they were down to 19.99. So I bought at this price, happily.

Out of curiousity I checked the same flight about 3 weeks before flying and sure enough they were down to 9.99 !!

Go figure !

Tubbs said:
I used to think that the Ryanair pricing model was based on the first few seats being the cheapest (and therefore the earlier you book the cheaper)
However, the above is still likely to apply for foreseeable high-demand periods, like school holidays. I'm hoping to try and book something for Easter — still not available — and I assume the flights will be a lot more expensive than the week either side... :(

If you try to book the flights for next Summer now the dialogue box has been updated with the following message."
Sorry, there are no available flights returning on Sat, 24 Jun 06
This may be because:

- The flight you have chosen is full
- The travel dates requested are for our next schedule period
and the fares/seats are not loaded for this date as yet
- There may not be a flight scheduled for this date

</B> Please check our timetables at Ryanair.com or click above to check the previous or next day's availability
or call our reservation centre to check the details of this flight."

I would keep an eye on the web page though as they will be on sale before Xmas.

It's temporarily set as my home page, to make sure I check it every morning... :D

At the moment the flight I want is available for €49.99 on the last Saturday in March - but I bet it won't be that price on April 15th!

Did anyone ever find out for definite when Ryanair summer 2006 flights will be available?

Sim

Dunno about the summer, but to follow up on my experiences trying to book something for the Easter hols —

My only possible 'window' was between Fri 14th/Sunday 23rd April, and looking to get to a little place I know in Southern Spain. Shannon/Malaga (but not Dublin/Malaga) became available on Ryanair, so I tried that. Only possibility was Sat 15th/Sat 22nd — at a cost of €2,500 + €70 credit card charge for the seven of us... :confused:

I then spent the best part of an evening trawling every goddamn 'no-frills' carrier you could think of — and some more besides! ([broken link removed] website is great, for those purposes). Checked out Shannon-or-anywhere/Malaga-or-anywhere via Stansted/Gatwick/Glasgow/Birmingham/Leeds/Belfast/Barcelona/Frankfurt/Warsaw (I kid you not!) — no better... Then tried Expedia and Opodo, which showed something half-interesting with Iberia... aha! (I'd already tried Spanair/Futura, but no joy)

Finally booked direct with Iberia — and for less then Opodo quoted for the same flights! — seven round trips Dublin/Madrid/Malaga (admittedly with a Malaga return departure at 6.35 a.m...:eek: ) for €1,390.32.

That's <€100 a head each way, bang in the middle of the Easter hols...

Moral of the story being — don't presume that Ryanair and their ilk will necessarily always provide the best deal!

my cousin works in Ryanair call-centre and she says they just load them onto the system one day and there is no warning, as i asked her the same question. So just keep on checking as they can appear any day.

flights on or after march 26th will be on sale on Fri 16th Dec , it says on their web site

summer flight offers now on--- you have to start the booking process to find them as they are not yet shown on web site

Back