Ryan air taking extra bag not booked on orginal ticket

For G's sake it's an airline, you bring luggage, the mother has made a genuine simple mistake and is going to be penalised - how is that not complicated. Just look at your 10.56 reply
I didn't reply at 10:56. My 10:46 post was prompted by the fact that the original query was (in my opinion) not clear.

I disagree and find their terms & conditions and FAQs quite clear, logical and sensible.
Most people would assume that since you are paying per bag, then the limit would apply per bag. Yes, they state clearly in their terms and conditions that you are limited to 15kg per person, but that doesn't make it logical or sensible.
Not wanting to start a pedantic arguement here but I think what zag meant that the limit per bag assumption is a fair one and that their (RA) condition of limit per person is not sensible or logical. (You have made a valid reason in an earlier post for this however which RA could add to the T & C so it would make it more, ahem, sensible or logical).
I, personally, travel a lot by RA and, as what people here have said, I have to re-read the rules everytime because of new changes that come on board. I find this to be a bit iritating.
Finally, I would like to thank all the RA bashers though for crying foul on every little change so that I'm aware of these as they happen. Keep up the good whinge

recently used ryanair to faro. people in the queue next to ours were charged for excess weight.Sent to another place at the airport to pay for it. overheard (like sardines so it was easy to overhear) the ryanair staff member stating that one of their bags was 15.5 kilos = overweight. there was a number of children with them and they each had very small bags. there didn't appear to be any leeway at all on behalf of the .5 kilo overweight. on the other hand I have used ryanair twice recently at on neither occasion has anyone even looked at my carry on case. either for size (within limit I know) or weight What I did like about the airport in fuerteventura is that they allowed everyone to weight their own bags at an vacant check in desk before joining the proper queue. Lots of swopping contents from one case to another but I don't think the young guy on duty that morning ( not ryanair) was too bothered anyway. Then again he knew we all had 'pre weighed' out bags before joining the queue.

Back to OP, I did a similar thing when the baggage charges first came in - booked 2 cases under the lead passengers name, which was luggage for the 3 of us. Didn't realise that there was a problem til check-in. At the check-in desk in Cork, told that we were over by 10kg and would have to pay €8/kilo. Went to the Servisair desk and fully explained the error to the girl there - she was brilliant - she changed the bags on the computer for our return flight and stamped paid on the docket without taking any money. Have to say on this occasion commonsense prevailed!

It has always struck me that Ryanair check-in staff in Ireland and the UK adhere much more strictly to the rules than check-in staff in other countries who are not directly employed by Ryanair.