Ryan air hand luggage

Stronge

My daughter just arrive back from a week end in Edinburgh. She had a great time, fab city according to her!
On the way out and back she had to put hand bag into case and case was checked to see if it fit in the gage just before she got on the plane. They are obviously getting more strick about the 1 bag carry on rule due to shortage of storage spaces on most of their planes recently.

I had to pay €20 at the boarding gate because my bag was a little too fat to fit into the guage. My handbag inside made it a bit bulkier than usual. I was always more careful of weight than dimensions of my bag !

No harm done - the flight only cost €10 so I can't complain.

Best to be aware though. I never saw them check at the gate before.

A friend of mine is just back from a city break, he flew aer lingus and apparently they are also clamping down on hand luggage weight and size.

Wife and mother in law flew Aer Lingus on Sat night from Manchester with handbags and and carry on luggage that was probably bigger then the limit with no issues

I did read in the papers at the weekend that Ryanair are including laptop bags and hand bags as part of the carry on allowance going forward and that if you can't fit it into your other bag or if when you do so you are over the limit/weight, they'll charge you

They are flying from Charles de Gaulle when aer lingus charged them.

And Ryanair definitely consider handbags etc. as a part of the carry on allowance, in fact they also consider airport duty free bags as part of the allowance.

They have been doing this in Edinburgh for the past couple of months. Have seen people been made place multiple bags into one before being allowed on the plane.

Take out the excess items and place them in your coat pockets till you get on the plane then put them back in! saves you €20.

On a Ryanair flight to Eindhoven last weekend managed to squeeze airport purchases into carry-on luggage, but my travelling companion was also asked to put her handbag in her carry-on. On both legs of the journey the overhead baggage space was crammed to exploding, and flight attendants were like the famous pushers on Japanese trains, standing on seats trying to jam more in. I'm not complaining -- fine, efficient service for what you pay, and next month I'm off to Rome for a ticket price of zero.

My carry on bag was checked at Gatwick recently by airport staff as I was going through security, they had no idea what airline I was flying with.

My carry on bag was checked at Gatwick recently by airport staff as I was going through security, they had no idea what airline I was flying with.

Hate is a strong word, but I'll use it anyway when it comes to security at Gatwick and Stansted. They're probably on minimum wage and get job satisfaction, in making it difficult for travellers.

Yes, I had a run-in with the Stansted hand luggage nazis a few months ago, I had to go back and check in a bag for being 1 kg too heavy.

just back from a sun holiday out through Birmingham and back through Liverpool both times only one piece of hand luggage and it had to fit in stand...nothing to do with Ryan Air either time.

Just came from Rome with Air lingus. Had a carry on case and large hand bag - no problems except customs were a bit slow for my liking.

Must remember to wear jacket with lots of pockets next time though.