Ryainair Online Check in

harvey

Can someone explain how Ryanair's online check in works please?

It seems you can only check in online no more than 2 days before intending flight. Therefore after you have printed off boarding pass for outward flight, how do you print off inward flight if you are away for more than 48 hours ? Internet cafe?

Yup! That's the problem. On two occasions now I was lucky enough to be staying in a hotel that had facilities to do this. In one case I had to copy and paste my boarding pass to my email, then email my hotel so they could print it off on their printer.

we always use the hotel receptionist to print it out. This is a real pain, I don't know why there is a 2 day stipulation.

agreed. small alternative is to book two flights and just queue up for the return flight but for the sake of €3 its not worth the hassle. I too would wish they would extend the 2 days to around 10 and I'm sure lots of people using the likes of Faro during the summer would wish for a 14 day limit.

Asked at the hotel I was staying in and gave up because they were making a big deal. Internet cafe nearby but had to cut and paste and send to email of cafe but that didnt work so had to email the link. Total cost €3.40! I met a guy on the flight back who had forgot the 4 hour rule and couldnt print and had to queue to pay...€3. I did notice a lot more with priority booking travelling this time but the first people on go for seats at the front, not the emergency exit seats which I thought was a bit strange. Also my hand luggage was weighed prior to security at Stansted and was just over 10kg. He started to give grief etc etc, had to take out a guide book from my bag and the weight went to under 10kg so i was ok. Very very stressful travel experience overall. I don't know how elderly, infirm or kids can travel anymore.

Harvey, your post explains exactly why I paid the €3 x2 for airport check in as I have rented private accommodation in Feby and just couldn't be bothered looking for a place to print off the boarding pass. did the same for Rome in May as ditto. to use a football expression - at the end of the day its €6. Not worth hassle of looking for internet cafe/Hotel etc.

I have to agree with you, I spent ages in fuerteventura looking for place with internet/printer and it cost me €2.75 to print out 2 boarding cards not to mention the stress.

Cuchulainn, when you book private accommodation have you ever had any problems?--- was it as advertised etc.