Russian Tourist Visa

Perplexed

Can anyone tell me the easiest and cheapest ways to get a Russian Visa ?

The Embassy website is a bit confusing and some of the companies ie Visa First charge a lot for their assistance.

Any useful info on Russia would be much appreciated. I will be visiting St Petersburg, Minsk and Moscow.

Cheapest, but not easiest, is to apply directly yourself at the Embassy in Rathgar ... the main thing you need (apart from €60 and patience) is an "Invitation Letter" from the hotel you've booked in Russia ... Hotels in Russia should be used to this request and should be able to provide this for you no problem... it just takes time and is a bit of hassle (and maybe some hotels may charge a small fee for this)

Easiest is to pay € to Visa First or similar service provider and they'll look after the invite letter etc. for you (and the queueing at the embassy etc.)

(Minsk isn't in Russia it's in Belarus so no idea if you need a visa for there or not)

I applied directly to the embassy in Rathgar-- you need patience but if you give yourself time you will be fine

Its like stepping back into the dark ages once you get inside the door of the embassy office.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to go the Visa First route then and thanks for pointing out my geographical error Evil Doc. I'll have to check re visa for Belarus (think it used to be part of the old Soviet Union)
I'm not going till May but didn't want to leave it till the last minute

Hey. I visited these places last year. I used visas@realrussia.co.uk for the invitation to Russia. (15 Sterling) However as per website Russian rules have changed 5 days ago, so not possible for them to provide invitations any longer. (New loops to jump through now to enter Russia)
Quote Russian visa registration rules have changed from 15th February 2011. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible for us to provide registration services. We will post updates on the website as soon as the information has been clarified. end quote However change is possibly only in the UK, not Ireland?

I applied for my Russian visa in person at the embassy in Dublin. Note they are a joke! There are two website, the official one is [broken link removed]. The application form must be printed from here not the other website as many people end up doing. Bank drafts only are acceptable. The embassy in Dublin are likely to "misplace" your passport for up to a week and a half as they did to mine and ignore any requests (email, phone or visit) to return it. If you are in Munster there is an honory consulate in Limerick. This visa can be issued up to three months prior to entry to Russia for a specific 30 days. Visa prices seem to be 60 or 100 Euro for single entry (Hadn't thought it was so expensive).
Saint Petersburg and Moscow are fantastic but lake Baikal for me was certainly the highlight of Russia. (I spent about a month in total)
For Belarus you certainly need a separate visa. If only going to Minsk its probably not worth it. Belarus is a fantastic country but the visa fee was 100 Sterling, applied for by post to London as no embassy in Ireland (Plus a few pound I think for return postage from the Uk). For me this application was quickly returned.
The invitation for Belarus came from www.belarusrent.com and cost a shocking 30 Euro. Having tried 2 other agencies though these were the only ones who could actually send me an invitation easily.
Belarus is fantastic (and has no tourists and foreigners which I liked), if you can spend a few weeks there its worth it, if only a few days in Minsk, its probably not. I spent about 2 weeks, should have spent longer.
Any questions just ask here or PM

Back