Russian Foreign Policy

Bodies were buried in a mass grave on Wednesday on the outskirts of Mariupol, Ukraine
Maloletka/Associated Press

I find it too disturbing to post the photo but it can be viewed here:

This gives me hope...

Putin will never end up in the ICC. Russia dont recognise it and that wont change soon. More likely is he meets with an accident helped by some upcoming colleagues.

Putin will never end up in the ICC. Russia dont recognise it and that wont change soon. More likely is he meets with an accident helped by some upcoming colleagues.
Either do the Americans, at least they won't let their people be tried their, which is ironic since it was set up by the American Ben Ferencz. He was also the youngest prosecuting lawyer in Nuremberg.

Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, tells a Turkish reporter: “We are not planning to attack other countries. We didn’t attack Ukraine, either.”

Can't help but thinking we could be on our way down this very road if/when SF get into power....
I think not.

If Sinn Fein got into power, it would quickly discover, like every other government, that despite its aspirations it would be constrained by the budget.

We have excellent reporters here.

I think not.

If Sinn Fein got into power, it would quickly discover, like every other government, that despite its aspirations it would be constrained by the budget.
Not when you can borrow as much as you want.
We have excellent reporters here.
Really? I think the standard of reporting in our media on economic issues is appalling. Some of the newspaper journalists are good at it but the majority don't even try. It's non-existent on TV and Radio.

We've got hand-wringing opinion piece writers who are up there with the best in the world but we're not great at actual journalism grounded in (all of the) facts, figures and details. Our media take reports from vested interest groups and report them as fact without contextualising or fact checking them. We're not at the level of the Russians, or anything close, but we're a long way from having excellent reporters.

Not when you can borrow as much as you want.
My point is that it is easy for an opposition party to bark and grumble when it has never experienced the practical constraints of being the Government, including restraints on borrowing.

I don’t share your opinion on Irish journalism.

I wonder would we be better agreeing with Putin and actually start to help him. NATO decides Putin was right all along, there's Nazis in the Ukraine. NATO wants to get rid of the Nazis and since Russia is struggling, NATO troops could be in Kyiv quicker and the rest of the country, and drive out the Nazis. NATO would also be willing to stay incase the Nazis came back.

Alternatively, what if the Ukraine were to attack Poland and Romania, would NATO be obliged to respond.

I was thinking time for Poland to reclaim its lost territory in Ukraine

I see the Shinner Spokesperson seconded to the Irish Times has reiterated their pro-Neutrality position.
In what reads like an interrupted first-year student debating society speech from the late 1970's that she really really really wanted to get out of her system we hear about FG populism and American "warplanes" and how, in the face of the invasion of a European democracy by a totalitarian dictatorship the right (correct) thing to do is to reassert our neutrality (even though we are not, and have never been, neutral).
If one of my kids wrote that guff for a school project I'd be embarrassed for them.

Apparently they have deleted a decade's worth of media statements from their website... including previous wishy washy guff about Russia and\or whataboutery.

Meanwhile US sources are reporting that the Russian advance is stalled and they don't have enough troops to encircle Kyiv. Scouring the middle east and Chechnya for the dregs of the mercenary world. Belarus on verge of economic collapse and needs bailout from Russia.