Russian adoptions

liaconn

I feel really sorry for all the prospective parents who were hoping to adopt children from Russia and who now may not be allowed to because a number of Irish couples. who were lucky enough to adopt, did not bother to file post placement reports. They signed an afidavit at the time of adoption, undertaking to provide these reports and have now seriously jeopardised the postion of other Irish people who also want to have a family. It seems terribly selfish to me. I wonder were they aware of the possible consequences of their action?

Of course they know. This isn't the first time this issue has caused problems for prospective adopters.
We just returned from Russia a month ago with our newly adopted daughter so we're feeling very lucky at the moment

There was a couple interviewed in the Irish Times on Sat who had actually met and bonded with the little boy they were due to bring home this month. Now they don't know if they will lose him forever. I hope those selfish people file their reports pretty damn quick now, before it's too late.

oh, don't you just love the story -i wouldn't have this imitation of a mother bring up barbie and ken or take care of fish in an aquarium